Our MLD newborn screening efforts are now consolidated under a community-wide effort MLD Foundation is leading at:
We've got transplant and clinical trials underway to provide very effective therapies to those newly diagnosed, but we all know that treating pre-symtomatically gives the best results. Newborn Screening is the key to early pre-symptomatic diagnostics and better outcomes.
• What is newborn screening?
• How do we get from a lab test to actually screening babies?
• Where does the RUSP and legislation fit in?
• How does your state/country implement a new screen?
• What can you do in your state, nationally, and globally?
The MLD Newborn Screening Academy is designed to answer these questions and more!
The format will be highly interactive and discussion based, especially as we get to the state-by-state and country-by-country implementation because each pubic health system is different so while the end goals of implementing a MLD screen are the same, the methods to get there will be varied.
The initial MLD Newborn Screening Academy will be a dedicated session at the upcoming MLD Family Conference™, which will be available to everyone by live-stream and recorded video.